Monday, November 28, 2022

Christ is Coming #2

Many believers will recognize the title "The Hiding Place" as a book and movie about believers who did and did not survive the tortures of the Nazis.  That phrase comes from Psalm 119
114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
    I hope in your word.
115 Depart from me, you evildoers,
    that I may keep the commandments of my God.
116 Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live,
    and let me not be put to shame in my hope
!
The hiding place is not so much a physical location, but where we place our hope and trust. David here says that God is his hiding place, his place of protection.  He trusted in what God said.  The way that many are discouraged and distracted in life is by not trusting, and therefore not obeying, God's Word. It is in God, His Word, and our calling out to Him for help that we will find true Hope.  As we celebrate Christ's coming this year, may we not be distracted into doubting or disobeying. May we make God our hiding place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment