Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Being the Church #33

Imagine what it would be like to hear Jesus pray this, like the Apostle John did:
13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.
Jesus was praying for His closest followers (and for all followers to come, including us), to be sanctified, set apart for service.  Christ's plan was to transform us for His mission here on earth. He did not come to recruit an army or group of admirers to take back to heaven to say: "Look what I found, Dad!" He came to provide us salvation, pull us out of the snare of Satan, and send us back into this world changed from the inside out: full of joy and truth.  As those around us sense the joy, they will want to hear the truth. Let us do what He left us here to do: pursue truth, be transformed, and allow Him to fill us with joy to share with others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment