Thursday, May 17, 2018

Consistent Fellowship

I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you
(Paul's Letter to Philemon)
Philemon was known as a man of fellowship.  The phrase "the sharing of your faith" could be translated "the fellowship of your faith." He was known for sharing the Gospel with others, as well as doing good things for others, which refreshed them in many ways. He was a sharing, giving kind of guy. May that be said of us: that we consistently share: our faith, our resources, our abilities, our lives, with fellow believers and those who are watching to see if our faith is real.  What Philemon is being prepared for in these words is a call to forgive, just as he has been forgiven. If we have received the grace of God in Christ, to be consistent we should also share such forgiveness.  So how will we be called on to share, to have fellowship today? Only God does know. May we be ready, may we be consistent, in every way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment