Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Saints in the Struggle...

Psalm 31:21 
Blessed be the Lord,
    for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me
    when I was in a besieged city.
22 I had said in my alarm,
    “I am cut off from your sight.”
But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy
    when I cried to you for help.
23 Love the Lord, all you his saints!
    The Lord preserves the faithful
    but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.
24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
    all you who wait for the Lord!

David writes about one of his many times of struggle.  He was being pursued, and it often felt as if he was all alone, abandoned even by God. But he knew that was not true.  Often our feelings deceive us. We are saints in the struggle - we are being viewed wrongly, spoken of with evil, and treated with contempt.  The answer, says David, is to call out to God, humbly accept the situation we are in, and trust Him to vindicate us and give us victory.   Saints do that in the struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment