Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Stop the Struggling

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.[g] 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
We are competitive and comparative people. We want more than anyone else. Some will work hard for it; some will just expect it.  Jesus offers more than we can ever hope if we will trust Him for it.  He offers "eternal life", which in John 17 he defines as "knowing the true and living God."  It is a matter of changing our expectations - stopping belief in the lie that if we do enough, are good enough, we might get a better place in heaven.  No more competition, no more trying to live up to others' standards, no more wondering if we'll be good enough.  Simply joining ourselves by faith with Christ who died for us, rose for us, and is coming again for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment