Sunday, August 7, 2016

Responsive to the call...

And David came to Saul and entered his service. And Saul loved him greatly, and he became his armor-bearer. And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, “Let David remain in my service, for he has found favor in my sight.” And whenever the harmful spirit from God was upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand. So Saul was refreshed and was well, and the harmful spirit departed from him.
(1 Samuel 16:21-23 ESV)
David was willing to go anywhere he was sent to do anything to serve God and His people.  Whether it was out with the sheep, on the battlefield, or in the palace of a has-been king, he was willing to do it, responding to the need at hand.  Thus, his name became commonplace in all of Israel and in Christian households today.  The question never is "What big thing does God have for me to do tomorrow?" The question always is: "What does God want me to do today? How does He want to use me to minister to others, even if I blend into the background? Who needs me where?

No comments:

Post a Comment