Monday, November 23, 2015

Hope in the Midst of Horrible

Let me have silence, and I will speak, and let come on me what may. Why should I take my flesh in my teeth and put my life in my hand? Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face. This will be my salvation, that the godless shall not come before him. Keep listening to my words, and let my declaration be in your ears. Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right. Who is there who will contend with me? For then I would be silent and die. Only grant me two things, then I will not hide myself from your face: withdraw your hand far from me, and let not dread of you terrify me. (Job 13:13-21 ESV)
Job had lost everything but his life and wife (and we're not sure if that was a blessing or not...). Life was horrible. He was struggling with feelings of whether he would be better off dead. Yet thoughout his saga he finds reason to Hope. He truly believes in his ultimate salvation. He realizes the only thing He needed was the Hand of God, and for him to have the perspective that His hand was a loving one, not a heavy one of vengeance and terror. There is hope in the midst of the horrible. We can look ahead in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment