Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Finding Hope - it's not always easy!

But you, come on again, all of you, and I shall not find a wise man among you. My days are past; my plans are broken off, the desires of my heart. They make night into day: ‘The light,’ they say, ‘is near to the darkness.’ If I hope for Sheol as my house, if I make my bed in darkness, if I say to the pit, ‘You are my father,’ and to the worm, ‘My mother,’ or ‘My sister,’ where then is my hope? Who will see my hope? Will it go down to the bars of Sheol? Shall we descend together into the dust?” (Job 17:10-16 ESV)
Job was willing to admit his struggle in finding hope during disaster. He knew that in God, and only God, was there lasting hope, but he did not always FEEL that way. Sometimes His only hope was for Sheol, death. But that was not the solution - never was, never would be. Because what then happens to our hope? Does it just "go away?" Does that not just make my life to this point meaningless? No, there is something, yes Someone who transcends even death. He is the One in Whom we must find hope. Job is determined to find his way through this and share it with others. Press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment