Saturday, July 6, 2013

Not Running Aimlessly

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
Most of us do not physically run just for the sake of running.  I know I don't.  I need a reason, a purpose, a goal.  Such is the life of following Christ.  It is not just "running with the crowd."  It is not just something to do for fun.  It is purposeful, with a goal in view.  It is to become more like Him; to aim to please Him, to discover what His wonderful purpose for me it - to glorify Him.  May we not lose sight of the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment