Sunday, April 7, 2024

He Will Hear Me!


 Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord
.

Psalm 41:11 By this I know that you delight in me:
    my enemy will not shout in triumph over me.
12 But you have upheld me because of my integrity,
    and set me in your presence forever.
13 Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel,
    from everlasting to everlasting!
Amen and Amen.

These two psalms of David give the common theme: call out to God, and He will hear you in the time of trouble.  Just the way we join together songs today in a medley, some of the psalms can be joined back-to-back to sing together. We know that Psalms of Ascent were sung as people made their way on the road to Jerusalem for feast days.  As we read the total of these two psalms, David was confident God would hear and deliver again, just as he always faithfully had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment