Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Remember Who We Are #7

In John 15 Jesus said:
I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing
Besides being one of the great "I Am" statements, this is also one of the ways Jesus clearly pictures for us who we are: We are branches of Him, the vine. We find life, purpose and meaning through our connection with Him.  It means we have security and responsibility. We need to be willing to allow God to do some pruning for our own good and for His glory.  Being called a branch may not seem very exciting, but vines are strong and productive, as long as they stay connected to the main branch. And being a connected branch has a much brighter future than the alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment