Friday, September 16, 2022

Remember Who We Are #16


We've been talking about who we are, in Christ, together.  But we also need a solid foundation of who we are individually, as we see in Psalm 139: 
13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well
.
Everyone wants to be known and accepted for who they are.  No one knows us better than our Creator.  When we know Him, we begin to see how wonderfully and carefully He has made us, inside and out.  But  we also need to allow Him to reveal to us the "not-so-pretty" parts of us that have been marred by sin, that He wants to change, which leads to psalmist to conclude with another well-known quote:
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!
Today may we say: Thank you Lord, for making me and knowing me. Now, please change me to the way you want me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment