Sunday, September 11, 2022

Remember Who We Are #11

 In I Corinthians 12, Paul begins his concluding paragraph with this statement:
27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it
That picture summarizes what the church is and how we fit into it.  It all begins with our attitude towards ourselves and one another.  Earlier he had said:
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.
None of us can or should say that we are not needed or less needed than anyone else. There is no place for putting ourselves down. Then, in the next paragraph he begins:
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.
On the other hand, none of us can say to each other: "We don't need you." That smacks of pride, which leads to the destruction of the body.  Finally, that leads to these actions:
26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
When we understand who we are, individually and together, the body works together as it should, and no part is neglected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment