Monday, October 15, 2018

Are we too comfortable here?

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.”Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22)
Yesterday, as I worshipped, and today, as I read these concluding words of the Story of God, I felt an uneasiness in my soul.  How little, how often, we find ourselves crying in our hearts, let alone crying out loud: "Come, Lord Jesus!"  We have no sense of anticipation or joy at the thought.  Often it is just thinking about what more of this life we want to experience before we die or He comes. That is where this grace comes in. Grace to live.  God giving me the peace and joy knowing that I will never see everything in this world.  We live in a day that we can see and do more than anyone who has gone before us because of mass transportation and communication.  But we don't have to do it all. Because all of it put together is nothing in comparison to being with Him.  We need to be looking more towards what is yet to come, so we can enjoy all He has given in this life, yet joyfully anticipating what is yet to come.  Being content, but not too comfortable. This world is  not our home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment