Thursday, October 4, 2018

All Alone, but Not!

16 At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. (II Timothy 4)
Paul had just listed those who had abandoned and opposed him in the ministry, along with those who were very supportive of him, but at that time could not be with him.  Like Elijah, like many of us, he was feeling all alone.  He had to stand alone in court to defend the gospel and his proclamation of it. It had been close.  The real opposer wanted to silence him.  But Paul knew he was not alone.  The Lord would see him through, even if it be through death.  There really are things worse than death - especially being alone forever, separated from God.  As Paul says elsewhere, nothing can separate us from HIM, even death.  Whenever that haunting voice tells you you're all on your own, talk to the One you know is with you.  He will see you through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment