Friday, September 14, 2018

When Things Are Looking Their Worst...

16 I hear, and my body trembles;
    my lips quiver at the sound;
rottenness enters into my bones;
    my legs tremble beneath me.
Yet I will quietly wait for the day of trouble
    to come upon people who invade us.
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
    and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the deer's;
    he makes me tread on my high places.
(Habakkuk 3)
Things are looking bad - very bad. Some of them are because of what we have done; others are because of what others have done. But things are bad, and there's nothing we can do but brace for the storm.  (What a verse for those bracing for the hurricane today!) Yet I will rejoice. Though physically, emotionally and mentally I may be taking a beating; I will stand strong - like a deer with it's little legs; I can be balanced and on solid ground, if I trust in God to save me and see me through.  May we demonstrate such faith today; may the Joy of the LORD be your strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment