Friday, June 8, 2018

Truly Blessed!

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
    whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
    and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
    through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
    my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah
acknowledged my sin to you,
    and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
    and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
(Psalm 32)
Often we hear people say that they, or others are "blessed" - that they have a reason to rejoice and give thanks because it is obvious that God's hand is at work in their lives.  This is no more true than in one whose sins are covered, who has found forgiveness.  The longer we hold on to our sin and guilt, the more it saps the life out of us, pushes down on us, and makes us go all the wrong places to find relief.  It is when we "give it up" that we find forgiveness, cleansing, relief and release. Blessed. That's what it is. To be able to sleep at night, get up in the morning, and go through the day knowing God is watching, and that's more than okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment