Monday, June 18, 2018

"Ask Me"


I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
    today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
    and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
    and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

(Psalm 2:7-9)
Besides being one of the great Messianic passages quoted in the New Testament, we find an interesting statement about prayer in this passage.  In this discussion, it is the Father who gives the Son the idea of what to ask for.  In other words, some of the biggest, craziest prayers we can pray come not from our own ideas or ambitions, but they are planted there when we are talking with God.  He is the one with the big plans for us, and as we get to know Him, listen to Him, and trust Him through prayer, He lets us in on His plans, to which we will say: "Yes, Lord, Please do so." Then we see God do great things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment