Friday, October 21, 2016

In the Middle of nowhere...

They found an Egyptian in the open country and brought him to David. And they gave him bread and he ate. They gave him water to drink, and they gave him a piece of a cake of figs and two clusters of raisins. And when he had eaten, his spirit revived, for he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights. And David said to him, “To whom do you belong? And where are you from?” He said, “I am a young man of Egypt, servant to an Amalekite, and my master left me behind because I fell sick three days ago. We had made a raid against the Negeb of the Cherethites and against that which belongs to Judah and against the Negeb of Caleb, and we burned Ziklag with fire.” And David said to him, “Will you take me down to this band?” And he said, “Swear to me by God that you will not kill me or deliver me into the hands of my master, and I will take you down to this band.”
(1 Samuel 30:11-15 ESV)
David was heading south, into the desert, to locate his family and the families of those who had been taken captive by the Amalekites. But there was a lot of desert out there to cover.  Which way was there to go?  No need to worry. David had just sought the Lord's direction; He just said "go."  Nothing else about where to go, just "go."  But He had also given David the promise of success.  Then, out in the middle of nowhere was this man, left behind, who knew exactly where to take David.  It makes one think of the Ethiopian Eunuch, out in the middle of the wilderness, seeking direction from God, and Philip shows up.  God does things like this, when we are truly open and seeking direction from Him. It comes out of "nowhere," which is always somewhere, with someone, to God.  What or who will He bring to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment