Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Great Deal...


I cry to you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living.”
Attend to my cry,
for I am brought very low!
Deliver me from my persecutors,
for they are too strong for me!
Bring me out of prison,
that I may give thanks to your name!
The righteous will surround me,
for you will deal bountifully with me.
(Psalm 142:5-7 ESV)

Prison.  Many of us have never been behind bars physically.  But there are many ways we can feel trapped, boxed in, with no way out.  At best, we can feel surrounded by four walls, with nowhere to go. At worst, we can be surrounded by enemies out to get us.  In any of those situations, chronic or critical, we have someone to cry out to,who will deliver us, free us, relocate us, or help us to see that we are not alone, or outnumbered.  He will "deal bountifully" with us.  There is no better deal out there anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment