Friday, May 9, 2014

More than we ask for...

Matthew 8:5-9 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?” The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” This Roman centurion came asking Jesus to heal His servant, but Jesus offered even more. He offered to come to the man's house to heal him. The centurion realized how big this really was; he knew the Jews would then consider Jesus unclean; Jesus was willing to do that for him. His response shows his great respect for Jesus' authority; he is overwhelmed that this Great One would even consider doing such a thing, when at His command anything could happen. What is it we really want Jesus to do for us? When we come reverencing Him and trusting Him as this man did, He does so much more. He Himself comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment