Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Then Jesus Came #19


 John 14:“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The disciples were troubled. Jesus told them He was going away and they would not see Him anymore. This was after over three years of investing in following Him, watching Him build a following, telling them about the Kingdom in which they had a vital part. But Jesus told them to stop being troubled. How were they to do so? By looking forward to His coming again.  Like a bridegroom leaving his bride-to-be so He could go prepare their home, it was a sweet sorrow: watching Him go, but knowing the future would be better than ever.  They (and we who have since chosen to follow Him) will be His when He returns.  We don't have to know exactly when, or even where heaven is; He will come and take us there.  So, while we wait, we are not to be troubled, but joyful, hopeful, peaceful, and believing in Him, the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment