Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Scriptures for Spiritual Victory #27

In Psalm 44, the Sons of Korah come to God with a plea for help. In verse  
4 You are my King, O God;
    ordain salvation for Jacob!
5 Through you we push down our foes;
    through your name we tread down those who rise up against us.
6 For not in my bow do I trust,
    nor can my sword save me.
7 But you have saved us from our foes
    and have put to shame those who hate us.
8 In God we have boasted continually,
    and we will give thanks to your name forever. Selah
With the beautiful parallelism of the Psalms, these songwriters say with one voice: "You are my King and our Savior.  You defeat our foes who rise up against us. It is not my weapons or our army. You win our battles.  Therefore, we praise you, we thank you, we trust you to deliver us once again." We never outlive our need for God, His strength, His leadership, His deliverance in the spiritual battles of life. He will always be worthy of our praise, our thanks our trust.  Is that what you're doing today? Selah - meditate on that - pause and consider Who He is, what He has done, and if you are responding to Him this way today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment