Thursday, July 15, 2021

Scriptures for Spiritual Victory #15


As Jesus was winding down his time with the disciples in the upper room on the night he was betrayed, John records his statement in chapter 16:
32 Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
What an oxymoron. Jesus has been talking to them about the battles they will face, and how they will be like scattered troops, scattered sheep, running scared for their lives. At the same time He would stand alone, fighting the greatest spiritual battle of all times against sin, Satan and death.  They were, and we are to take heart, to find courage in Him and His strength and victory.  Though everything around us may make us afraid, though temptation after temptation may come, there is hope for victory, and that hope is found in Christ, and Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment