Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Let the Thanks Come Out #11



Isaiah is a long book, filled with long chapters, with long judgments against the people of Israel, especially in the earlier chapters, but in chapter 12 we find a Song of Thanksgiving: 
You will say in that day:
“I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
    for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
    that you might comfort me.
2 “Behold, God is my salvation;
    I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation.”
3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. 4 And you will say in that day:
“Give thanks to the Lord,
    call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
    proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
    let this be made known in all the earth.
6 Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
    for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.”
Where does this come from. What day is God talking about? For that we go back to chapter 11:
  There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse,
    and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
He's talking about Christ, and the salvation He will bring among all peoples, in all the earth. Simply put, thanksgiving is a way we make His salvation known, we give witness.  And it has an impact on others, inviting them to come to Him, but it also impacts us - it is a testimony to ourselves to trust Him more. Thanksgiving calms our fears and refreshes our faith.  Let us resolve today: "I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for your salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment