Friday, August 9, 2019

Lots of Help - I Need It...

You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. (Romans 8)
However. Like "therefore", however is a word that makes us stop and go back to the previous statement, which in this case is verse 8: Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. "But I want to please God! He made me! He loves me! He saved me!" Good news. We can. With Christ in me and the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, I can have peace and a calm confidence that my life is pleasing to God - not perfect, but pleasing. If Jesus can conquer death, he can defeat any enemy - sin, temptation, Satan. And the Rushing Wind (aka Holy Spirit) can blow away any person or power that seeks to push us back into th darkness.  That's great news, because I need lots of help.  How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment