Tuesday, August 7, 2018

God's Prayer Promise: Weak

 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (II Corinthians 12)
We do not like to admit when we are weak. And it's not just a gender thing - both men and women alike want to be in control, able, and independent from others' help.  A certain degree of that is helpful, but it can get us into trouble too. It feeds our ego.  Paul seems to have had some ego issues to deal with, but God gave him victory over his self-sufficiency addiction.  Contentment, submission, dependence. This are all godly characteristics we can learn when we are weak, are willing to admit it, and will receive God's strength to see us through.  What weakness do you need to tell Him about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment