Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Treasure Hunt...


Princes persecute me without cause,
but my heart stands in awe of your words.
I rejoice at your word
like one who finds great spoil.
(Psalm 119:161-162 ESV)
Do we look at God's Word for what it truly is - a Treasure.  God has revealed Himself and His plan to us.  The except in the picture is enough, but when you look at the two full verses, it becomes even more pronounced.  No matter what happens around me or to me, God's revelation is a treasure chest we can dig into to find not only what we need, but more.  We find wisdom to make decisions, hope to carry on, and glorious glimpses of God that helps even trials make sense.  Write yourself a song, with the truth of these verses as its theme, and sing it in your heart today.  Better yet. Do some treasure hunting of your own in God's Word, maybe His songbook of the Psalms, and find some awesome truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment