Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Taking over Everything...

He waited seven days, the time appointed by Samuel. But Samuel did not come to Gilgal, and the people were scattering from him. So Saul said, “Bring the burnt offering here to me, and the peace offerings.” And he offered the burnt offering.
(1 Samuel 13:8-9 ESV)
Power that corrupts.  We think we are exempt.  Saul had demonstrated such innocence and humility at his selection, even hiding from the limelight.  But when the pressure was on, he wanted full control. He did not want to be dependent or interdependent on anyone. "Here, I'll do it!"  Sometimes you have to take charge when no one else will do what needs to be done, but here there was someone; it was a matter of pride: "I'm the king; I can do what I want."  We see it all the time in others. Do we see it in ourselves?"  The only remedy is to let Jesus be Lord of All and assign us our parts, willingly obeying His commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment