Friday, April 22, 2016

What's the Big Deal about voting Pro-life?

“If I have rejected the cause of my manservant or my maidservant,
when they brought a complaint against me,
what then shall I do when God rises up?
When he makes inquiry, what shall I answer him?
Did not he who made me in the womb make him?
And did not one fashion us in the womb?
(Job 31:13-15 ESV)
One of the watershed questions for Christians when evaluating candidates for office in our country over the past 40 years has been where they stand on abortion.  Why the big deal, every time for such a time?  Because, as we see here, this stance is reflective of how we view God. "Has he created us? Is He our sovereign and final Judge?"  We will answer to God. He is the one who puts each child in the womb, and when and how a child comes out is His choice, not ours.  If we view life itself that way, and if a politician views life that way, then we are more likely to be governed in a way that lines up with how God wants leaders to view themselves: as servants under a sovereign God - not superior to those they lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment