Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Resurrection and How we approach Death...

Why are we in danger every hour? I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”
(1 Corinthians 15:30-32 ESV)
As Paul continues to develop his strong argument for Christ's resurrection and that of believers, he asks the simple Question: "Why would I and other apostles and evangelists put our lives on the line daily if we did not wholeheartedly believe in the Resurrection? We would not willing die for a lie. We would live life for the moment only, as if there is no life after death." But that is not how they live, and that is not how we should live.  There is more joy and purpose living for the resurrection hope than there is living only for today.  Paul lived life to its fullest for both today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment