Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Holy Spirit: Our Rememberer...

John 14:25-26 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 
When I was young and inexperienced, a senior friend of mine used to introduce me to others this way: "He has forgotten more than I ever knew."  It was very flattering, but very false.  He was a very simple but wise father-like follower of Christ.  We need instruction in God's truth, but even more, we need a reminder of what we "know" when it comes to daily life.  The Holy Spirit does both: He instructs us in the truth, working with the Word of God to show us how to live, then, as the One Who dwells within, He is there to remind us of what He has taught us and how to apply it to life right now. Our problem is that we tend to forget our Rememberer; we ignore His wisdom and counsel; We live life as if He is not right here with us.  What a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment