Saturday, November 15, 2014

when ignorance is bliss...

Matthew 25:31-40 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ They really didn't know. These servants were so into doing what they did for the master that it was no big deal for them. The same is true for us: if we are really into serving The Lord as an act of worshipping Him, we will almost be ignorant of the fact we are doing so. That is a sign we "get it," because serving is following Jesus. This is by no means salvation BY good works, but the good works of salvation - having a changed heart and life that serves others because the love of Christ dwells within and flows through us. May we not be so self-focused that we are always thinking about "what we are doing for God," subconsciously serving Him in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment