Friday, June 13, 2014

The Fairness of Christ...

So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:32-33 ESV) Jesus has sent His disciples out into the world to serve and to speak for Him. He has warned them of the opposition they will face, and of the distractions they must leave behind. Now He puts it bluntly: "go out there and tell them, or when you come back, I will act like I don't know you." That's fair. Often times we speak against God for not being fair: we try to do the right thing, yet we become sick or are the "victim" of some terrible tragedy. Those complaints have their answers (and the importance of the struggle to come to those answers), but here there is no unfairness in God. If we do not admit that we are His, and that we are hopeless without Him, we have no reason to expect Him to claim we belong to Him. If we take that seriously, what should that do to our witness for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment