Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Journey: Learning that the Lord is enough...

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” But Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.” And behold, the word of the LORD came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.” And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness. (Genesis 15:1-6 ESV) This is not the first time God had spoken to Abram. There had already been the detour of disobedience in Egypt. God is trying to make a point. His is our shield. He will defend us. We don't need to go through life thinking if we don't watch out for ourselves no one else will. He will. We need to learn to trust in Him more than we do ourselves. He will keep His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment