Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Did I happen to mention???...

“So you shall keep my commandments and do them: I am the LORD. And you shall not profane my holy name, that I may be sanctified among the people of Israel. I am the LORD who sanctifies you, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God: I am the LORD.” (Leviticus 22:31-33 ESV) As one makes his or her way through Leviticus, it would be easy to get hung up on the repetition of the "long lobe of the liver" or turn red with all the forms of fornication prohibited by God in His law, if we miss this one big statement, repeated thrice in these three lines: "I am the LORD." Don't miss how many times He says that in these lists of laws. That statement is what is repeated the most. He is holy and He is the One who makes us Holy. He knows what He is doing, and though it may not seem like a big deal to us, He knows what will lead us down the right path, and what will take us the wrong way. So the question becomes: "Will I live like He is the LORD?"

No comments:

Post a Comment