Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's you and Me...

 “Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you. And I will give to you and to your offspring after you the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.”
(Genesis 17:4-8 ESV)
God's promises are very personal.  Here He tells Abraham that they have a covenant. He is making it; He will be Abraham's descendents' God.  So it is with all the people involved in the Incarnation story: He made announcements to Mary, Joseph, Zacharias, and the shepherds and said: you will be the one entrusted to carry My Son; you will be the main man in His earthly life; you will be the one to lead the one to be the forerunner; you will be my witnesses of this great event.  And He will be our God, watching over every detail and event of our story as we are a part of His great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment