Monday, December 10, 2012

Blessed to be a blessing...

 Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”(Genesis 12:1-3 ESV)
Abram was blessed to be a part of The Story.  So are we.  The story of the sent Savior is one filled with blessing - for those who looked forward to His coming, and those of us who look back.  At times, it seemed impossible for Abra(ha)m to believe; at times we act like it never happened. We forget the blessings we have, in Christ, and we fail to be the blessing He intends us to be, as part of His story.  Let's ask Him who He wants us to bless today.

No comments:

Post a Comment