Friday, October 26, 2012

When personhood begins...

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,    when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16
In this amazing Psalm we find God's view of our lives.  He is intensely concerned with every detail from Day 1 through our whole lives - every thought, every word, every action.  He knows about every lost hair, every new cell. He knows it all.  And it begins at conception, and one could even make the case (as some do) - at fertilization.  Philosophically that speaks volumes about the sanctity of life.  Practically, that means that when we begin to think God does not know or care, we fail to realize he knows and cares about more than we do.  He sees the smallest details, and the biggest picture - how we fit into His perfect plan, the purpose He has for our lives here, and beyond.  So let us know, live, vote, and act by these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment