Monday, October 29, 2012

God hasn't changed His mind... and I'm glad

“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. (Ephesians 5:31-33 ESV)
As I look at God's design for marriage, the family and the church, and then see the destruction caused by all the distortions of His design, I cannot help by stand in awe of His wisdom and love for us as His creation, and for me personally.  My wife flies out of town today for a few days, and at times like this it seems all the more real to me - God really knows what He is doing, and why, because He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment