Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Being the Church #5


Sometimes it seems that the Church has a hard time figuring out what we should be doing.  This is not because Jesus did not give us clear instructions, as we seen in passages like John 13, in the Upper Room:
 31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. 33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’ 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Here is a distinct way we can show we are Christ's followers: truly love one another, doing what is best for each other, even at our own expense.  This is no weak concept of love like in the world today, where we try to make each other feel good in our own sin. It is a strong, determined love that costs us something. It is in stark contrast to everyone positioning themselves to look good, feel good and grab all the good they can for themselves. It is recognizing that all the Good I have comes from Jesus, and I want to share Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment