Tuesday, March 29, 2016

More evidence...

...and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. (1 Corinthians 15:5-11 ESV)
When investigators look into allegations, they want to see evidence, not just opinion.
In looking into the reported resurrection of Christ, Paul, Luke and others found many witnesses, which is usually more compelling than any other evidence. Paul himself was a big piece of evidence. Having been one who sought to stamp out the followers of the risen Christ, he became one of them. The transformation was more than 180 degrees. It turned him away from confronting them to leading them, and turning many toward God. The bottom line here was to not forget what you have believed, to not turn away from it to doubts and depraved living. The facts are still the facts; Christ has risen; He is our only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment