Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Speaking... not your gift??? No Excuses...

But Moses said to the LORD, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” Then the LORD said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.” (Exodus 4:10-12 ESV)
Moses had demonstrated courage and a willingness to stand up for what was right. He was willing to take the humble place out of the limelight. He was NOT willing to do one thing: Speak up. He felt disqualified. No such thing in God's plan. The same God who made His mouth could put words in it. The same goes for you and me. I remember the first time I had to give a speech. I was in college. It was more like a comedy routine, and the joke was on me. To this day, I still feel unqualified, hoping to not say something stupid. But God keeps saying "Speak up." And it's not just to pastors/preachers/teachers/evangelists. We all have something to say. Speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment