Monday, May 25, 2015

Something for everyone!

1 John 2:12-14 I am writing to you, little children,because your sins are forgiven for his name's sake. I am writing to you, fathers,because you know him who is from the beginning.I am writing to you, young men,because you have overcome the evil one.I write to you, children,because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers,because you know him who is from the beginning.I write to you, young men,because you are strong,and the word of God abides in you,and you have overcome the evil one. 
John reminds us that as the church, we have all received blessings in Christ to share with one another and strengthen us to live life the victorious life.  We have forgiveness, fellowship with God and His family, the Word of God, and the Spirit of God.  The emphasis here is not on what different age groups have, nor is he just talking to males: the emphasis is on what we have together in Christ. We have the arsenal necessary to win the spiritual battles we will face.  John repeats himself here to reinforce the certainty that God has given us these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment