Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Facing Facts...

Matthew 17:15-18 “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.” “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment. How embarassing! The disciples were publically found out: they could not heal this son. But that's the fact. We cannot; He can. He can do in moment what we cannot do over time. He can do completely what we can only do in part. We need to face that facts that our faith often fails, and He never fails. We need to bring our problems, and our failures to to Him, and not hide them. They will surface, and be bigger. And He can still handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment