Monday, April 15, 2013

Why????

Luke 24:36-39 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 
Jesus came bringing peace - the very thing He had promised to come and bring back to them. But they would not receive it.  Their hearts and minds rejected it. They chose to remain in fear and doubt instead.  So rightly asks them, and us, "Why?"  Why do you choose this response?  Examine the evidence. Take a look, touch, and be convinced.  Whenever Jesus asks us "Why?" it is very soul-searching.  Why are you arguing with one another?  Why did you have no faith?  Why are you afraid?  The answers are always found in something He has said, and we are wrong, because we have not heard or believed or received the truth He has given.  May we stop being so unbelieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment