Sunday, February 24, 2013

Striving together

 I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf, that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. (Romans 15:30-32 ESV)
Often the Apostle Paul seems bigger than life to us - the supersaint in a class of his own.  But though he was not dependent on anyone else for his spiritual life, he was very interdependent with fellow believers in his ministry.  He paints the picture for us here of running this race together, much like the preacher does in Hebrews 12.  We are not alone. God does not intend us to run alone. We are running together, praying for one another, that each of us will run the life God intends.  Prayer is a gift God has given to unite us as we run, that we carry on this conversation together.

No comments:

Post a Comment