Thursday, June 28, 2012

You're not from here...

 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’(Luke 13:25-27 ESV)
After 25 years of living here we still get it sometimes: "You're not from around here..."  When Jesus tells the people "I do not know where you come from", He is saying: "you're not from my Kingdom."  And it isn't because they were not invited.  They had refused the invitation.  That is the great evil they have worked - keeping themselves outside the door, the gate, the household of faith.  We want to be able to say: "This is my home."

No comments:

Post a Comment