Monday, February 6, 2012

Party Time!!!

After this he went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax booth. And he said to him, “Follow me.” And leaving everything, he rose and followed him. And Levi made him a great feast in his house, and there was a large company of tax collectors and others reclining at table with them.(Luke 5:27-29 ESV)
How excited are you to know Jesus? Besides giving up a cushy government job to follow Jesus, Levi, aka Matthew, went all out in throwing a big party in his honor. That surfaces some soul-searching: "How well do I follow Jesus? Am I so excitied about my relationship with Him that I want to throw a party to introduce my friends to Him? Do I look at my family and friends with an eye and a heart that says: "I need to tell them about Jesus!" Challenging, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment